Lippman Jungers Bala LLC is a preeminent legal recruiting firm in the Asia-Pacific legal placement market. When the most highly respected and prominent international firms need assistance in finding top partners for their firms in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, South Korea, Tokyo and other parts of the Asia-Pacific, they turn to Lippman Jungers Bala LLC. Sabina Lippman, who has worked in the market since 2007, together with Jeffrey Conta, who has devoted his practice to the region since 2012, have successfully worked with firms and candidates to facilitate some of the most recognized office openings, group and candidate placements.
We work closely with law firm leaders and office heads to assess the needs of the client and match them with top candidates. We have assisted firms including: Sidley Austin; Morrison Foerster; Dechert; Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton; Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy; Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher; Baker McKenzie, Mayer Brown; Hogan Lovells; Loeb & Loeb; K&L Gates; Dorsey & Whitney; Squire Patton Boggs; and McDermott Will & Emery.
Some of the prominent office openings and placements made by our recruiters include:
- Erik Wallace, Laurence Ho and team join Loeb & Loeb in Hong Kong. Highly regarded trusts & estates and private client partners Erik Wallace and Laurence Ho, together with Letao Tao and Sarah Lai, have joined Loeb & Loeb in Hong Kong, from Stephenson Harwood. Erik and Laurence will lead the newly formed Hong Kong Trusts & Estates Team, joining Loeb’s top ranked Trusts & Estates Department. Erik has been a practicing trusts and estates lawyer for more than 20 years and has spent the past eight years in Hong Kong, and most recently established the U.S. private client practice for Stephenson Harwood. He assists high net worth individuals and families with succession planning, structuring or restructuring trusts, and establishing private trust companies and charitable foundations. Laurence brings more than a decade of experience advising clients on U.S. tax, trust and estate planning matters as well as reporting compliance issues, and also counsels individuals, multinational families, family offices, estates and fiduciaries.
- Katherine Cheung has joined Dorsey & Whitney in Hong Kong in the Firm’s Commercial Litigation Group. Previously with King & Wood Mallesons, Katherine specializes in general commercial disputes and financial services regulatory matters, with an emphasis on cross-border disputes. Her commercial litigation and arbitration experience covers general contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, regulatory investigations, contentious insolvency matters and professional services matters.
- Paul Kim joins Sheppard Mullin from MWE in Seoul. Paul advises clients on M&A, PE, venture capital, restructuring, multi-jurisdictional disputes and general corporate matters. He has more than 20 years of experience representing a diverse range of clients operating in numerous industries and in many countries. His Clients include industrial and manufacturing companies, commercial and investment banks and other financial institutions, and private equity funds and investment managers. Paul has particularly broad experience representing Asian, European and U.S. clients in complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, restructurings and other matters.
- Manoj Bhargava, a capital markets partner, together with counsel Ankit Kashyap and two associates, joins Sidley Austin in Singapore from Jones Day.
- Michelle Ya-Ying Gon, a compliance and regulatory partner, to McDermott, Will & Emery in Shanghai, from Baker & McKenzie.
- Opening of Sheppard Mullin’s Beijing office, headed up by Jim Zimmerman, from Squire Sanders (now Squire Patton Boggs).
- Opening of Winston & Strawn’s Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai offices with a group joining from Heller Ehrman, including with David Hall-Jones, Simon Luk and Michael Phillips.
- Johneth Park, a capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions partner, to Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton’s Seoul office from Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett.
- Andy Dale, an anti-corruption, internal investigations and complex litigation partner, to Ropes & Gray’s Hong Kong office from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.
- Li Hua, a competition and antitrust partner, to Squire Patton Boggs’ Beijing office from Gide Loyrette Nouel.
- Brad Roach, an energy and projects partner, to Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher’s Singapore office from Hogan Lovells.
- Victoria Lloyd, a capital markets partner, to Ropes & Gray’s Hong Kong office from Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson.
- Scott Palmer, an IP partner, to Sheppard Mullin’s Beijing office, from Baker McKenzie.
- Don Williams, a private equity, venture capital, securities and M& A partner, to Sheppard Mullin’s Shanghai office, from Wilson Sonsini.
- Harris Gao, who focuses on intellectual property and litigation, to Sheppard Mullin’s Shanghai office from Morrison & Foerster.
- Henry Wang, a domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and joint ventures partner, to Mayer Brown’s Beijing office, from Dechert.
- Simon Cheong, a cross-border M& A and financing partner, to Sheppard Mullin’s Beijing office from Zhong Lun Law Firm.
- Tony Jacobsen, a capital markets partner, to Sidley Austin’s Shanghai office from Baker & McKenzie.
- Roger Peng, a M& A, private equity, venture capital and commercial transactions partner, to Paul Hastings’ Beijing office from Hogan & Hartson (now Hogan Lovells).
- Adrian Yip, a complex litigation partner, to Winston & Strawn’s Hong Kong office from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.
- Todd Bissett, a private equity, venture capital and M& A partner, to Sheppard Mullin’s Shanghai office from O’Melveny & Myers.
- Joseph Chan, a cross-border corporate partner, to Sidley Austin’s Shanghai office from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
- Darren Fitzgerald, a disputes partner, to Salans LLP (now Dentons) from Bird & Bird.
Sidley Adds Prominent International M&A Partner Michiel Visser
Healthcare Partners Leslie Murphy and John Barnes join Davis Wright Tremaine
Real Estate Group from Munger Tolles join Willkie in Los Angeles
Chris Garcia and Raquel Kellert of Weil join Latham & Watkins
Goodwin adds Private Investment Funds Partner from Kirkland & Ellis in New York